From version 7.2 onward, Lansweeper is capable of scanning Android, iOS (iPhone and iPad), Chrome OS and Windows Phone mobile devices that are enrolled in VMware AirWatch. This article explains what the requirements are for AirWatch scanning and how to generate the API key required for scanning. Once you meet the requirements, you can start scanning your VMware AirWatch environment.
AirWatch scanning requirements
To scan mobile devices through VMware AirWatch, the following requirements must be met:
- Your Lansweeper installation must be version 7.2 or higher.
- Your Lansweeper license must support AirWatch scanning.
- Your Lansweeper scanning server must have access to the Internet.
- Your mobile devices must be enrolled in VMware AirWatch. Enrollment instructions can be found on the VMware website.
- Your mobile devices must be Android, iOS (iPhone or iPad), Chrome OS or Windows Phone devices.
- You must provide Lansweeper with the API key to access the REST API of VMware AirWatch.
Generating the API key
Step 1: enable the API
To enable the API for AirWatch do the following:
- Log into the VMware Workspace ONE UEM using your VMware credentials.
- Go to
Groups & Settingsand click on
- In the following window, select
- Change the setting to
Override, click on
Enabledfor API access and a new service will appear called AirWatch API. The generated API Key will be used later to create the scanning credentials in Lansweeper.
Step 2: add a new role
- To add a new role, click on
- Fill in a name and description for the role, click on the API category on the left and tick the following Read permissions: REST APIs for applications, REST API to provide access to custom attributes, REST APIs for device management, REST APIs for group management and REST APIs for enrollment user accounts. Afterwards, click save at the bottom of the page.
- Click again on
Accounts, then under
List Viewand click on the
editbutton for the user you want to assign the created role.
ADD ROLE, fill in Main OG for the Organization Group, fill in the previously created role under Role and click
SAVEat the bottom.