Once you've installed Lansweeper, you can access the web console. The web console displays scanned and custom data in a comprehensible way. In addition, it allows you to make changes to your settings. By default, everyone in your network has access to the web console. Access can also be restricted however, by following these instructions.
Accessing the web console
To access the web console:
- On the machine hosting the web console, use the Lansweeper Web Console shortcut that was copied to your desktop and Start menu during installation. Alternatively, submit the web console URL directly in your browser's address bar. On the machine hosting the web console, you can use localhost in the URL. Unless you're using port 80, the port number specified during installation should be included in the URL as well:
- From a machine other than the one hosting the console, submit the complete web console URL in your browser's address bar. Localhost should be replaced with the IP address or name of the machine hosting the console. Unless you're using port 80, the port number specified during installation should be included in the URL as well. Access to this port on the web server should also be allowed in any firewalls you may be using. Web console URLs are formatted as follows:
http://<IP address or name of the machine hosting your web console>:<port number>/
Logging into the web console
When you access the console for the first time, you are presented with a First Run Wizard, which allows you to set up scanning and configure some basic options. The First Run Wizard is only meant for submitting an initial configuration. You'll only see and need to configure this wizard once. Any subsequent times you access the console, you will be asked to log in first. You can log in by either:
- Hitting the Built-in Admin button. Use this option if you haven't configured website access yet. It will give you full access to all areas of the web console.
- Submitting a Windows username and password in the available input boxes and hitting Login. Use this option only if you've configured website access and specified who has access to which areas of the console. If you haven't configured website access yet and use the Login button, you'll have minimal permissions and will only be able to see the help desk part of Lansweeper, to submit your own tickets.
- If your Lansweeper installation is on a domain computer, you can use any domain user to log in. Submit the user with the format NetBIOS domain name\username- If your Lansweeper installation is on a workgroup computer, you can use any Windows user configured on the computer hosting the console to log in. Submit the user with the format .\username