cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daigls
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

is it possible to exclude ADS OU Path scanning?

You can add an ou filter for scanning ou paths, but all sub ou´s are are still scanned too.

Problem:

We want to scan only servers in the ou=server,ou=name,dc=name1,dc=name2
but not
ou=server1,ou=server,ou=name,dc=name1,dc=name2

12 REPLIES 12
DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

1++

SchumacherRocks
Engaged Sweeper

Nearly 10 years later and I would still love to see this feature. Is it still on the wish list?

+1

MCruikshank
Engaged Sweeper II

+1

russsfitz
Engaged Sweeper
+1
Oleh_PM
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi!

+1 for this
Randall_Dixon
Engaged Sweeper
We would also benefit from this. This is an addressable issues that should be low hanging fruit for development to act upon.
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
Added to the wish list in November, 2014. 2014! 5. Years. Ago. Come on folks. Lets get with it. This is a major thing that I am will to put money on that every single company with an AD wants. I know I want it.
mickjf
Engaged Sweeper II
Another +1 for this feature. Don't understand why this is so hard to implement? Many clients want to limit their exposure via OU or Operating Systems to Lansweeper (for licencing or security reasons). Not having this feature makes it unnecessarily difficult to deploy.

If devices are mistakenly picked up in Lansweeper and they start consuming a licence, it appears to be a very time-consuming way of excluding devices and in some cases you'd have to do this one by one if you don't have common naming standards with servers.

Mick.