cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnysteaks
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

With the Free version, I read (And Understand) that the lsclient.exe with the login script does the scanning. But, With the premium, can I initiate the scan without applying the lsclient.exe in the Login script from a remote computer?? Can I set time( outside Business Hours) for scanning??

I just want to be clear on the difference..

3 REPLIES 3
Johnysteaks
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for responding..

When seen by Windows domain controller means that if i deploy via GPO, it will be when the GPO gets refreshed- Correct??

If I do the Login script route, it will scan via every time the users logs in-Correct??

Do you have an Detailed information on how the Application works (Flow chart-ect)?? All i have is the install Document.

Thank you very much in advance..

When seen by Windows domain controller means that if i deploy via GPO, it will be when the GPO gets refreshed- Correct??

No, the scanning wil take place when a computer report to a domain controller (for authentication, ...)
The scanning will take place maximum once every 8 hours. (based on the waittime)

If I do the Login script route, it will scan via every time the users logs in-Correct??

Correct (also based on the waittime)

Do you have an Detailed information on how the Application works (Flow chart-ect)?? All i have is the install Document.

This picture should give some more insight : http://www.lansweeper.com/features.aspx#activescanning
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The actual scanning is always done by the service, the lsclient sends a message to the service (please scan me, this is my computername and logged on user)

With active scanning all computers are scanned when they are seen by the domain controllers, but you still need lsclient if you want to track logons (lsclient to track logons won't be needed anymore in the next version).

Scanning only outside business hours is not possible.