cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
It would be nice if the scans on a switch report the switch that it is connected too instead of just "Uplink." Currently we must look at the ports of each switch and manually enter the information. I understand that this occurs because multiple MAC's are found, but only one is the next hop.

Additionally, with this information it wouldnt be too far of a leap to add a network topology section where you can view the topology in one view for a given network/IP range. Something that works similar to Cisco Network Assistant, or The Dude without all of the added functions of switch control and configuration (although that wouldn't be a bad idea in itself).
9 REPLIES 9
p_mitbach
Engaged Sweeper
Any news on this?
ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
having a network topology tool into Lansweeper is real a "must", please give us feedback about this feed
jwalker55
Engaged Sweeper
This would be very helpful, and other products (even free ones - Observium, Spiceworks, etc) have been able to do this for years. Instead of "Uplink", we want to see the remote switch and port number at the other end.
AquaGoat
Engaged Sweeper III
I also would like to know the 'X' threshold of MAC addresses displayed on a single port.

This limitation is greatly reducing the LanSweeper effectiveness of tracking assets across our Wireless Infrastructure. We have many devices connecting wirelessly through Access Points that simply display 'Uplink' in our Switch Port Map.
Carl527
Engaged Sweeper II
This feature would be helpful to me for the same reasons. Or if we could run a report that would list all MAC addresses on a port and not do a "roll-up" to uplink status. I manage 1100+ switches and have a large problem of people bring in their own home switch. One problem with ports listed as uplink is that some of these are connected to access points.
kpatz
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I'm also interested in knowing what the "X" uplink threshold is, and whether it can be modified. We have a few unmanaged switches, and it would be nice to be able to view which managed switch port is closest to them. Being able to either increase the value of X, or to be able to manually set a switchport to "non-uplink" status would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Kurt
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We unfortunately do not have an estimated release date for this change. We deliberately mark ports with more than X number of connected MAC addresses as uplinks for now. It is not currently possible to see which assets are connected to these particular ports.
RDBraswell
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there any update on this feature? This would drastically simplify network mapping.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have added your feature requests to our customer wish list, but do not currently have a release date for them.