cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anamaria
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am really tired to test Inventory tools and find out that almost all of them do not get correct all information that you have installed in all PC's in your netowrk.

I saw your advertise and it impressed me so perfect it looks like, but when I opened the Support link, I saw several messages about not updating or scanning correct and etc...

I am really interested in the tool but I don't want to come up to get it and face the same problems that all others concurrent also have.

Coul you please give me some comments on that?

Regards,

Anamaria
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As MadBoy suggested : 99% of the problems are caused by "wrong" configuration of the clients.
You can find most common problems in the dashboard and the solution is available in the knowledgebase.
Anamaria
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your prompt Response.
We are installing the Freeware version and if we face any problem we will post it here.

I believe this tool have exactly what we need !!!!

It would be really good if we could have a list of the things that we should attempt in our network before start the work.
In that case, we would minimize a lot of some possible problems that you already mentioned we can face.

Thanks again,

Anamaria

MadBoy
Engaged Sweeper
Well, the tool is free so you can install it on server along with SQL Express 2005 and see how it works. It doesn't install anything on other computers so after you check if it's okey or not you can uninstall it and have nothing to worry about. The problem with scanning is usually because of misconfigured firewall, dns and couple of other things you should have fixed in your network anyway 😉

I like the tool but on the begining i had to run couple of scripts on logging to domain to get firewalls on computers tweaked 😉 You might have to do it aswell.

Edit:

Forgot to add that the Premium edition gives some more abilities but first i would try the free version, it has most if not all what you need. If you need more you need premium and then you have to wait for more features as it's in development 😉