cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob_11
Engaged Sweeper III
this action will allow you to message anyone on the network even across broadcast domains.
you will need to place the batch file in your custom action folder. you will also need psexec in your CA folder as well

CA CODE
cmd.exe /K "{actionpath}messager.bat {actionpath} {ipaddress}

past this in messager.bat

@echo off
WMIC /Node:%2 ComputerSystem Get UserName
:input
set INPUT=
set INPUT2=
echo.
echo.
echo.
set /P INPUT=Type Username to Message from list: %INPUT%
set /P INPUT2=Type Message here: %INPUT2%

%1psexec.exe \\%2 msg %INPUT% %INPUT2%

exit

this will list the current users that are logged in and then it will message a user of your choosing
8 REPLIES 8
LewisJPeters
Engaged Sweeper II
This is great thank you for posting this. Is there anywhere to get it to confirm the message was received at all?
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
If you are on a domain, then the "Name" returned will be of this format; domain name\user name. If you put the domain name\user name in the Type Username to Message from list: line, then it will not work. If you put just the user name in the Type Username to Message from list: line, then it will work.

You can test this by copying PSExec.exe to your Windows folder, then run psexec \\ip address msg user name message
noelJCD
Engaged Sweeper
This does not work on my network
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We can't really provide assistance for third-party actions/installers, but it might be useful to note that you can use Lansweeper 5.2's software deployment features to send messages as well. There is a built-in package under Deployment\Packages called "Cmd - Mass Messenger".
pjayme
Engaged Sweeper
I can't seem to get this to work. It just doesn't do anything.
I copy and pasted and named the batch file the same.
Any idea what I might be missing?
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
This is great!! Thanks for sharing!
MCanning
Engaged Sweeper
Great tool! Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing Bob