cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mik
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, i apologize if the argument have been covered in the past.
We have Lansweeper 4.0.0.24 premium scanning a network with over 1000 computers and we are very happy about its performance.

We have just a problem: when we rename a computer we cause a double entry of it in the database.

The name of the computer is very important in our organization cause it keep the computer position inside the network, it's composed by location and its inventory number and some other data... when we change a computer name from "aaaa" to "bbbb" both entry appears in the database for the time estabilished in the Lansweeper configuration before it delete an old entry.

We cant manually delete the computer with the old name each time for a number of reasons... is there a trick to rename it in lanswweper so that the procedure already know that is not a new computer but simply a renamed one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In the configuration console you can right click on a computer to rename it in Lansweeper BEFORE you rename the actual computer.

Although I recommend keeping the computer's name the same for it's complete lifecycle.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mik
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you very much for this info.
We will keep the computer name in future but we actually need to fix them all first.
Thanks again!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In the configuration console you can right click on a computer to rename it in Lansweeper BEFORE you rename the actual computer.

Although I recommend keeping the computer's name the same for it's complete lifecycle.