cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_e_wagner
Engaged Sweeper II
I created a few groups in the Software Licensing Compliance reporting tool. I group software versions together. Is there any way to modify the report so that it would report all the clients that have this group of software installed. It is a pain to drill down to each version, especially when there are versions of the software with one client.

For example, I created the software license group Adobe Acrobat Reader. It contains 22 versions of reader. If I want to get to the computers, I have to drill down to each version.

If there is a better way to do this, I would like to know about it.

jwagner
2 REPLIES 2
john_e_wagner
Engaged Sweeper II
Well OK, I created a new report with:
"
Select Top 1000000 dbo.tblComputers.ComputerUnique, dbo.tblComputers.Username, dbo.tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher, dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, dbo.tblSoftware.Lastchanged, dbo.tblComputers.Lastseen From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join dbo.tblSoftware On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName Inner Join dbo.web40ActiveComputers On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.web40ActiveComputers.Computername Where dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like 'Adobe Reader%' Order By dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName
"
That pulls out the information, but this is not what I was asking. I would like to use the "License compliance" tool to do the same thing. When I created a software compliance item called Adobe Acrobat, I selected the multiple versions of Reader. Now when I view this with the "License compliance" tool I have to drill down to each version of reader to view the clients. It would be nice if I could view all of the children of the group of software at the same time. I can write the report, but I don't want to maintain this many seperate lists.

Not a big deal since I can write the report, but for auditors who don't know sql, this would be a real pain.

Also in the SQL editing pain, if you have an error you sometimes lose all of the sql, or it will make the report unusable, or it will print the sql on one line and editing does not work correctly. At this point I try to reopen the report or create a new report. (This is in report builder.)

jwagner
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can search for software "adobe acrobat reader" to get all results.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now