cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrae
Engaged Sweeper
We are trying to create a trigger on the tblComputerSystem table that alerts us by email to memory changes (increase or decrease) on machines.  It works when we manually change the totalphysicalmemory column via a SQL query.  But what we've discovered is that when a scan of a machine is triggered through LANSweeper, it deletes the whole row out of the tblComputersystem table and then as a separate transaction inserts a new row, rather than updating the row that's already there.  As a result, the inserted and deleted tables in SQL don't have the necessary info to compare memory size.

Are we correct in this understanding?  Either way, is there a way to do what we're trying to do?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
jrae
Engaged Sweeper
This is outstanding, thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you take a look at the "recent changes" in the menu you can see the changes.
(only changes are recorded in these tables)

You can create a custom report that sends the changes for Memory each night (table tblPhysicalMemoryhist)
jrae
Engaged Sweeper
Downloaded version 4 today and have been poking around. It’s close, but what you term “Alerts” are more actual “Scheduled Reports”. Unless I’m missing something, there is no way to be notified if there is a change to a machine (in this case, memory has increased or decreased). Instead, you’re emailing me a nightly report that contains 99 out of 100 times the exact same data. That’s a nice start, but unless I also play detective in comparing reports of different memory sizes, I’m probably not going to notice a true change. Thanks for your help!

Jon
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Try the beta version 4.0 from the forum, this does what you want.