cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engaged Sweeper II
I followed your example for _Custom report to check for fileversions (latest software installed)_, and it is working great.

Could you post a similar example that uses a reg key value to determine if the software is up-to-date?
4 REPLIES 4
Engaged Sweeper II
I agree that checking the file would be better for this purpose, but we do check the registry for a lot of other things, so I'm sure I will be using this technique down the road...

I'll probably add a new table to the database for version numbers to compare so the view doesn't have to be altered with each application upgrade.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I was just creating an example for : "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox"

I think querying for the actual file is better to make sure that there are no "leftovers" in the registry
Engaged Sweeper II
Oh...and, I'm submitting a PO for the annual license today!
Engaged Sweeper II
Got it..... This query will show all computers that have the wrong version, or do not have the software installed.

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.tblComputers.Computername as Computer
FROM dbo.tblComputers
LEFT JOIN dbo.tblRegistry ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblRegistry.Computername
AND (dbo.tblRegistry.Regkey='HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\AD957430A12E5974FB3B6CD671AF1D38\InstallProperties')
AND (dbo.tblRegistry.Valuename='DisplayVersion')
WHERE (dbo.tblRegistry.Value is null OR NOT dbo.tblRegistry.Value = '7.0.7')
ORDER BY dbo.tblComputers.Computername