cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbagwell
Engaged Sweeper
I am getting an error during an upgrade to the most recent version.
Error: Installing LanSweeper LocalDB Service!
Error: Error from PostInstallConfigureLansweeperService.

I am seeing errors in the application event logs for a few things

• Keyword not supported: 'max database size'.
  • Service cannot be started. The handle is invalid
  • Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception
  • Faulting application name: LansweeperLocalDBService.exe, version: 9.1.41.1, time stamp: 0x61f8071d Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.19724, time stamp: 0x5ec50c3e

Manually starting the LocalDBService also "starts and then stops" with a message from Windows that this could be normal for automatic services. I have verified that "Log on as a service" includes the LansweeperLocalDBService account.
2 REPLIES 2
gbagwell
Engaged Sweeper
They have asked me to provide the following:

• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeper.LocalDB.Service.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
• The latest 2 installxxx.log files found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Install folder
• An .evtx export of the Windows Logs\Application and Windows Logs\System section of the event viewer on your Lansweeper server, filtered for the last 7 days.

After the failure I roll back to a snapshot of my VM. I haven't had time to reinstall it again to gather the logs they are requesting.
tshumaker
Engaged Sweeper
I too am having this issue.