cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Allers
Engaged Sweeper
Hey there,

unfortunately all of the sudden our Helpdesk User get's added as a CC User for every Ticket which is quite annoying.
Is there any way to filter this out or something?

Like, when I write a Mail to Helpdesk without anyone in CC, it creates a Ticket which is then obviously from my User but it puts our Helpdesk User as CC somehow.. Then the Helpdesk User instantly write's an Empty Answer into the Ticket with just some Picture Attachments from my Signature.. really annoying

Would appreciated some Help! 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This could be caused by a mismatch in the email address that the email was sent to and the email address that is defined as your helpdesk email. I.e. the user mails to helpdesk@domain.com, while your defined Lansweeper helpdesk email is IT@domain.com, which has helpdesk@domain.com as an alias.

• Go to Configuration\E-mail Settings
  • Click the Edit pencil next to your email account.
  • Check which email address is specified in the General Settings tab and which email address is specifiek in your username in the Incoming tab (if applicable)
  • If this email address doesn't match with the email address your users are mailing towards, go to the Incoming tab and add this email address under Aliases section

If your experience differs from this description, please contact support@lansweeper.com.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GerthE
Engaged Sweeper II

I got the same issue yesterday when we moved from using "Exchange (EWS)" as mail method and activated "Microsoft Graph (Rest API)" method.

A test mail started to bounce and investigating this deeper revealed that the "Helpdesk user" had been added as a CC user to the test tickets.

Also did this "Helpdesk user" reply with empty answers to the ticket so a bouncing scenario happened - as soon as i reverted back to the old method did this go away.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This could be caused by a mismatch in the email address that the email was sent to and the email address that is defined as your helpdesk email. I.e. the user mails to helpdesk@domain.com, while your defined Lansweeper helpdesk email is IT@domain.com, which has helpdesk@domain.com as an alias.

• Go to Configuration\E-mail Settings
  • Click the Edit pencil next to your email account.
  • Check which email address is specified in the General Settings tab and which email address is specifiek in your username in the Incoming tab (if applicable)
  • If this email address doesn't match with the email address your users are mailing towards, go to the Incoming tab and add this email address under Aliases section

If your experience differs from this description, please contact support@lansweeper.com.
Stephfos
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Same issue on my side too.
I have opened a ticket at Lansweeper support referring to this post.
I'll keep you all posted.

Stéphane
brencent
Engaged Sweeper
Maybe there is something in ticket dispatching. This can be found under configuration->E-Mail Settings
crystal_stephen
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having the same issue as well. Anyone know the cause of this yet?
tom_verschuren
Engaged Sweeper
Hey I have the same issue, have you found a solution?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now