cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We've created a blog + report to check if your machines meet the Windows 11 minimum requirements. There are a few limitations Lansweeper does not scan, there are notes on the report page that explain how we work around these.
10 REPLIES 10
threenub
Engaged Sweeper
Also - to change the report to view disk space from "Free" to "Total", change the below lines:

Line 27:

Old: When tblAssets.AssetID = freespace.AssetID Then 'Pass'

New: When tblAssets.AssetID = disksize.AssetID Then 'Pass'

Line 29:

Old: End As [Disk space > 64GB],

New: End As [Disk size > 64GB],

Line 49:

Old: freespace.AssetID Then '#d4f4be'

New: disksize.AssetID Then '#d4f4be'

Line 905-906:

Old: Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As free,

New: Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As free,

Line 912-913:

Old: Where Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) > 64000) As freespace On freespace.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID

New: Where Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) > 64000) As disksize On disksize.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID

threenub
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Just a small note that the statement below is incorrect and should not include the "[1]" part - which was for a footnote on the MS page.

Incorrect:

Line 484 | tblProcessor.name like '%Core%i7-7820HQ[1]%' or

Correct:

Line 484 | tblProcessor.name like '%Core%i7-7820HQ%' or

Cheers.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Just FYI: Here is a list of supported processors:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-intel-processors
MrBob
Engaged Sweeper III
I ran the report and found 4 out of 142 Windows 10 PCs ready to upgrade to Win 11. The main issue is processors. The MS general requirement says "1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor". All of our systems meet that.

I'm hoping the list of processors the readiness report uses is early and incomplete. I find it hard to believe there are a bunch of Pentium processors that are ready for Win 11 but a bunch of Core I5 and I7 chips are not.

If this doesn't improve much I'll have to revisit the Linux option. Or retire.

doone128
Engaged Sweeper III
Would be great to see this report have a True/False column for machines that are determined compatible instead of just being colour coded. Makes it really easy to filter that way.
doone128 wrote:
Would be great to see this report have a True/False column for machines that are determined compatible instead of just being colour coded. Makes it really easy to filter that way.

It would help alot to have that to build a case!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Mlaurin wrote:
doone128 wrote:

It would help alot to have that to build a case!

Added!

threenub wrote:
Hi,

Just a small note that the statement below is incorrect and should not include the "[1]" part - which was for a footnote on the MS page.

Incorrect:

Line 484 | tblProcessor.name like '%Core%i7-7820HQ[1]%' or

Correct:

Line 484 | tblProcessor.name like '%Core%i7-7820HQ%' or

Cheers.

Fixed.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've updated the report to show fewer rows (excluded VM display controllers). But when a machine has multiple video adapters (for example an Intel integrated graphics chip + Nvidia GPU) it will display a row for each video adapter.

It is simply how SQL works unless I remove the GPU information altogether.
dbsooner09
Engaged Sweeper III
Also wondering about this same thing.