cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doone128
Engaged Sweeper III
Anybody have any idea as to why the 'Version' number doesn't change within Lansweeper for newer versions of Windows 10? I've created a report that shows me what I actually want to see but if you go to, for example, a Windows 10 20H2 or 21H1 asset, the version number within the asset's page natively shows 2009.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The above post is correct. Microsoft has changed the way they notate version and where they store it, for... reasons... This means that our scanning mechanism needs to be adjusted for this in a future release. As always, I can't provide a release date, but this will likely be fixed sooner rather than later, and we will try to fit it in.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Had the same issue until I updated to the latest version, this was because of the way Microsoft changed the reporting numbers. But hey it's not like Microsoft to change the way something has been working for years.

I'm on 8.4.100.9, haven't updated to the latest one that came out just after I updated, scheduling in upgrade change later this week.

doone128
Engaged Sweeper III
Great - thanks for the update!
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The above post is correct. Microsoft has changed the way they notate version and where they store it, for... reasons... This means that our scanning mechanism needs to be adjusted for this in a future release. As always, I can't provide a release date, but this will likely be fixed sooner rather than later, and we will try to fit it in.
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
Bruce.B wrote:

I'm on 8.4.110.3 and some of the 21H1 systems are scanning as 21H1. Others are still scanning as 2009.

I tried renaming the old ReleaseID value on one of the problematic computers, and LansSweeper scanning fails immediately.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
marck1024 wrote:
Bruce.B wrote:

I'm on 8.4.110.3 and some of the 21H1 systems are scanning as 21H1. Others are still scanning as 2009.

I tried renaming the old ReleaseID value on one of the problematic computers, and LansSweeper scanning fails immediately.

Could you check whether you're using an older LsAgent or LsPush version? The latest version and its accompanying LsAgent and LsPush versions should correctly scan the "H" versions.
Torgo
Engaged Sweeper
Microsoft has changed the identifier in the registry for the version number.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ReleaseID" is the old location for the version number, 1803, 1909 and such.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion" is now the new location as of 2009 (20H2) but does not exist prior to 2009.

The issue I have seen is that they stopped at 2009 and did not remove the old entry when they decided to create the new one. This means there is an old entry of 2009 still in the registry.

Lansweeper is going to have to alter their reporting to take this into consideration and report from both location but only show DisplayVersion if it exists. Hopefully this can be done soon so we can get accurate reporting.