cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
I downloaded a portable version of uVNC viewer (1.2.0.1) from here:
http://www.uvnc.eu/download/1201/vncviewer1201_portable.zip

I renamed the executable to something simple, like VNC.EXE and created an action path for it:
{actionpath}vnc.exe -host={computer} -password=xxxxxxxx

All I get is the following error:
"Failed to get server address!"

I adjusted the action and get the same error:
{actionpath}vnc.exe -host={computer}

All that works is:
{actionpath}vnc.exe

It then pops up a window in which I manually have to type in the host/PC name.

Is there a way to configure the action path to just pop for a password, but still attempt connection to the host? Normally, I would just insert a default password, but several of our sites have different VNC passwords per site, so I would need the prompt.

I don't have access to the LANSweeper server to perform a full install of any VNC client; that's why I was looking for a standalone (portable) viewer that wouldn't write registry entries, etc.
2 REPLIES 2
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Cripple.Zero wrote:
I downloaded a portable version of uVNC viewer (1.2.0.1) from here:
http://www.uvnc.eu/download/1201/vncviewer1201_portable.zip

I renamed the executable to something simple, like VNC.EXE and created an action path for it:
{actionpath}vnc.exe -host={computer} -password=xxxxxxxx

All I get is the following error:
"Failed to get server address!"

I adjusted the action and get the same error:
{actionpath}vnc.exe -host={computer}

All that works is:
{actionpath}vnc.exe

It then pops up a window in which I manually have to type in the host/PC name.

Is there a way to configure the action path to just pop for a password, but still attempt connection to the host? Normally, I would just insert a default password, but several of our sites have different VNC passwords per site, so I would need the prompt.

I don't have access to the LANSweeper server to perform a full install of any VNC client; that's why I was looking for a standalone (portable) viewer that wouldn't write registry entries, etc.

Are you able to run the following in a command prompt and connect successfully (vnc.exe -host={computer} -password=xxxxxxxx)
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
I fixed it!

Granted, all of the PCs in our environment are running uVNC in some form or another; however, the following action fixed what I needed for my specific need:

{actionpath}vnc.exe {computer}

It pops with the credential window and EVERYTHING.

Now, if there was a way to magically make the standalone access ANY pc that DOESN'T have VNC installed, that would be better for others...

However, all that being said, the simple action above proved to work flawlessly!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now