cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdunphy
Engaged Sweeper
Does anyone know of a way to check what input a remote computers video card would be using? VGA, Dvi or Display port
Doing a company rollout and the new PC's are display port only
5 REPLIES 5
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I don't believe there is a feature within Lansweeper. But you could create a report of your monitors and what supports DisplayPort etc. Then colour code any monitors models that don't support DVI, that then gives you your replacement list.
HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort etc should show the monitors assets in Lansweeper.
VGA won't so if they are using VGA then your out of luck and will need to visit or make a call etc.
jdunphy
Engaged Sweeper
Yeah, I need to see what input they are using and not just what feature each monitor has. Thanks for replying though 🙂
fenrir0wulf
Engaged Sweeper
dunphyj wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to check what input a remote computers video card would be using? VGA, Dvi or Display port

There seems to be some info for that in the Config > Display section of each asset. After that, I can't exactly tell but it seems to be at least part of what you're looking for.
fenrir0wulf wrote:
dunphyj wrote:

There seems to be some info for that in the Config > Display section of each asset. After that, I can't exactly tell but it seems to be at least part of what you're looking for.

Yeah, I don't see anything that will lead me to it in those display settings...
dunphyj wrote:

Yeah, I don't see anything that will lead me to it in those display settings...

Well, you should at least have the monitors themselves in your assets. With that info you could probably just look up the model features using their model numbers. For example, one of my computers has a Dell monitor, and the model number is P2217H, thus i know that it's a 22" and I can lookup what it's features are.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now