cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred_C_Marshall
Engaged Sweeper
I need to generate a report or an alert when a new host appears on the network. Many tools will scan the network for active IP/MAC address combinations. But, I've not found one that will identify "newcomers". Can Lansweeper do it? How?

I've not really used Lansweeper yet but have used a lot of other tools. So some suggestions would likely be very useful.
3 REPLIES 3
swede
Engaged Sweeper II
fred339 wrote:
I need to generate a report or an alert when a new host appears on the network. Many tools will scan the network for active IP/MAC address combinations. But, I've not found one that will identify "newcomers". Can Lansweeper do it? How?

I've not really used Lansweeper yet but have used a lot of other tools. So some suggestions would likely be very useful.

Hi fred339,

did you ever manage to build what you asked? I am trying to accomplish the same and would like to hear if you were successful at all.

Best,
Chris
maciekh
Engaged Sweeper
How to add another IP range to Asset Radar? (another branch connected via VPN)
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,

Lansweeper has 2 built-in reports that can assist you in finding new scanned computers or devices found in the last 24hrs. These reports are called "Device: New devices found in the last 24 hours" and "Computer: New computers found in the last 24 hours".
Next to this you could also use Asset Radar to find devices that appear on your network:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/asset-radar/

With the current setup report alerts are being send out using a schedule, they will not be sent out the moment a new device pops up. You could schedule them to run 15 minutes for example.