Notification

Icon
Error

Upgrade Win 10 build to version 2004 - Using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 7:34:29 PM(UTC)
Jean-FB

Jean-FB

Member Original PosterPosts: 1
Has anyone been able to create a script to use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in order to upgrade the build version from 1909 to 2004?
Alex Beaumier
#1Alex Beaumier Member Posts: 6  
posted: 11/5/2020 3:20:12 PM(UTC)
Solution:
-Parameters:"{Packageshare}\Installers\Windows10-2004-x64\x64\setup.exe" /auto upgrade
-Windows currently installed language and downloaded ISO language have to be the same.

Ref: https://www.lansweeper.c...e-to-2004.aspx#post63605

(I removed the /Quiet param as it is automatically done quietly).

I am also looking for a solution to fetch the OSLanguage (using the command: wmic os get oslanguage) so that I can use the correct installation that is correspondant to the original oslanguage.

Good luck,

Alex
weblikepro
#2weblikepro Member Posts: 2  
posted: 10/13/2021 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Every time I deploy this package I get this error:
”Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (0sec). Credential: (mydomain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (Inventory\lansweeper).”

Any help will much appreciated.

Thank you
CyberCitizen
#3CyberCitizen Member Posts: 450  
posted: 10/21/2021 6:22:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: weblikepro Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Every time I deploy this package I get this error:
”Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (0sec). Credential: (mydomain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (Inventory\lansweeper).”

Any help will much appreciated.

Thank you

Check what account you are deploying with but also what your timeout setting is, as the install / upgrade is quite large and can take some time, I think I set mine for like 2hrs and 45 minutes as we sometimes deploy over VPN so the connection isn't as fast.
weblikepro
#4weblikepro Member Posts: 2  
posted: 10/21/2021 7:13:30 AM(UTC)
Thank you for the reply. I have setup the timeout time higher (2 hours) and now I have another error message:

Result: Deployment ended: Unknown error (0xc1900208). Stop(Failure). Credential: (domain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (domain\lansweeper). Command: "\\FileServer\PackageShare\Installers\Windows10-2004-x64\x64\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet

Please help
CyberCitizen
#5CyberCitizen Member Posts: 450  
posted: 10/22/2021 12:11:55 AM(UTC)
That error code appears to relate to the Windows install failing, you might need to check the logs on why that it, but it appears to be a compatibility issue.

I use the following command when installing our upgrades.

"{PackageShare}\Microsoft\Windows 10 v21H1\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /DynamicUpdate disable /Compat IgnoreWarning

Basically, not rebooting the machine, so we can deploy in the background and when the user restarts then the upgrade applies.

That machine that failed the upgrade I would run the following program on it to extract the upgrade logs and see why it has failed.

SetupDiag.exe

I would also download CMTrace.exe to review the logs as it should make it easier to track down the errors and why the upgrade failed.

Active Discussions

Installer Run a PowerShell script file in a client computer
by  looktall   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 11/2/2021 3:14:26 AM(UTC)
Installer Deploy a registry key
by  Rmon  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 10/30/2021 5:38:19 AM(UTC)
Installer Microsoft Teams Cache Deletion
by  Mr Bass   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 10/27/2021 3:19:20 PM(UTC)
Installer Unable to push installs over VPN to users working from home
by  RIC  
Last post: 10/25/2021 12:51:32 AM(UTC)
Installer Java Uninstall Deployment
by  looktall   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 10/6/2021 8:42:03 AM(UTC)
Installer Installing Windows 10 on Win 7?
by  MCBowman   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 8/11/2021 9:08:51 PM(UTC)
Installer Toast Message - Reboot Computer When Patched
by  Andy.S  
Last post: 8/11/2021 12:18:30 PM(UTC)