cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shin
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

I need to move my existing lansweeper server to a new machine.

I'm currently running a localSQL database, and can't find any migration information for that particular database type.

Anyone able to advise of the procedure, or link me to some documentation?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
AdrianP wrote:
Hi All,

I'm currently running a localSQL database, and can't find any migration information for that particular database type.

Thanks!

Hello,

If you are referring to a SQL LocalDB, this database can be handled in the same way as a SQL Server database. So you can follow the steps in the KB article mentioned below and follow the steps for SQL server.

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/move-lansweeper-to-different-server/
Shin
Engaged Sweeper
FrankSc wrote:
AdrianP wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Hello,

If you are referring to a SQL LocalDB, this database can be handled in the same way as a SQL Server database. So you can follow the steps in the KB article mentioned below and follow the steps for SQL server.

Thank you! Though, i am having difficulty running through this process - SSMS is not allowing me to sign in to do the backup. There's only 1 Windows user account on this PC and it was definitely the one that Lansweeper was installed under. Any of the default SQL server authentication methods dont seem to work either.

Im sure i'm missing something obvious here!
AdrianP wrote:
FrankSc wrote:
AdrianP wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you! Though, i am having difficulty running through this process - SSMS is not allowing me to sign in to do the backup. There's only 1 Windows user account on this PC and it was definitely the one that Lansweeper was installed under. Any of the default SQL server authentication methods dont seem to work either.

Im sure i'm missing something obvious here!

I had this same thing happen when I tried to move my SQL LocalDB installation to a new server. After confirming via the event log that I was trying the correct account, I tried again and it went through. I am not sure what was different the second (or maybe third) time I tried, but I would give it another go with those credentials.