cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebars
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my LS install to a new server and running into lots of issues. I followed the LS Website KB on how to do that but the installation on the new server appears brand new, none of the data migrated.

I am unfamiliar with SQL Servers to begin with but the issue seems to be (at least partly) that the lansweeper.sdf database I copied over to the SQLData folder is .sdf but the LS system seems to be reading the .mdf db in the folder.

Can anyone tell me how I can point the LS Server to my older .sdf database?

Thanks very much!

E
2 REPLIES 2
ebars
Engaged Sweeper
ebars wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to migrate my LS install to a new server and running into lots of issues. I followed the LS Website KB on how to do that but the installation on the new server appears brand new, none of the data migrated.

I am unfamiliar with SQL Servers to begin with but the issue seems to be (at least partly) that the lansweeper.sdf database I copied over to the SQLData folder is .sdf but the LS system seems to be reading the .mdf db in the folder.

Thanks very much!

E

ebars
Engaged Sweeper
ebars wrote:

Hello,

Thanks very much!

E

Answering my own question here (no idea why LS Tech Support couldn't ID this one in 2 seconds but then again, no idea why I didn't google it more before asking here): Essentially .sdf is the old Compact DB, I need to convert: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/sql-compact-deprecated/#heading3