cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkjelland
Engaged Sweeper
We have several Extreme (X440G2-48p-10G4 version 22.6.1.4 22.6.1.4-patch1-1) switches. A few single switches and a few sets of stacked. I have setup SNMPv2 on all the switches identically. SNMP for the most part works well on all switches. The single switches return a green/red icon in the leftmost column for link status. But the stacked switches only return a grey icon for each port. There is no port status. What am I missing to get lansweeper to populate the port status on my stacked switches?

I even went as far as using iReasoning MIB Browser to figure out if the switch even returns port status. They indeed do.
OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

2 REPLIES 2
dkjelland
Engaged Sweeper
davidk wrote:
We have several Extreme (X440G2-48p-10G4 version 22.6.1.4 22.6.1.4-patch1-1) switches. A few single switches and a few sets of stacked. I have setup SNMPv2 on all the switches identically. SNMP for the most part works well on all switches. The single switches return a green/red icon in the leftmost column for link status. But the stacked switches only return a grey icon for each port. There is no port status. What am I missing to get lansweeper to populate the port status on my stacked switches?

I even went as far as using iReasoning MIB Browser to figure out if the switch even returns port status. They indeed do.
OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

Wa just told this by support:

Lansweeper currently does not support scanning stacked switches. As each individual switch in the stack behaves as the entire stack, the information returned is often merged together, or otherwise handled incorrectly. For switches in a stack, we unfortunately cannot guarantee which information can be returned.

As this has been requested by other users in the past, we've added this ticket to our customer wishlist as a feature request. Features on the customer wishlist are prioritized based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we can unfortunately not guarantee this will be implemented or provide you with an expected release date.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
davidk wrote:
davidk wrote:

OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8

Wa just told this by support:

Lansweeper currently does not support scanning stacked switches. As each individual switch in the stack behaves as the entire stack, the information returned is often merged together, or otherwise handled incorrectly. For switches in a stack, we unfortunately cannot guarantee which information can be returned.

As this has been requested by other users in the past, we've added this ticket to our customer wishlist as a feature request. Features on the customer wishlist are prioritized based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we can unfortunately not guarantee this will be implemented or provide you with an expected release date.

That being said, we had no issues (well, not related to this, anyway) scanning Cisco 2960/9300/3850 and Alcatel 6850/6250 stacks. Maybe it's a question of port index/labelling, for instance in a Cisco switch stack with two 24 port models,, ports are labelled something like Gi1/0/0-24 and Gi2/0-24. Alcatel does something similar, they are labelled 1/0-24 and 2/0-24.
If Extreme does not index/label interfaces as this, that could be the issue.

Use a SNMP cli utility to get the values, OID's are .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2