cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kspap
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, we have lansweeper (last version 8.0.130.19, Win Server 2016 standard, IIS express,SQL 2014 Local DB) with active directory authentication. At first we had 2-3 specific accounts with which we administer Lansweeper. We tried to put an AD group for administration and removed the specific accounts. We haven't figured out the reason but we seem to have lost the admin rights. (we dont see configuration tab anymore).
I tried the following steps without success.

<<If you don't have a user with access to configuration, then you can give access to all users by doing the following:

If you're using IIS Express: Run Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\ExpressAuthentication.exe and make sure anonymous access is enabled
If you're using IIS: Make sure anonymous access is enabled and Windows authentication disabled
Enable the built-in admin using this tool: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\ResetWebUserRoles.exe>>

When i run ResetWebUserRoles.exe i get a handshake error, as seen in the picture.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks
1 REPLY 1
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hello,
This tool indeed allows to reset the built-in admin account in order to set the permissions again. The error seems to indicate that the tool is not able to connect to your database.
Could you please check if your database service is running? SQL Server or SQL LocalDB?

If the issue would persist please send a mail to support@lansweeper.com