cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
Management has asked for a report on each laptop and what VPNs have been configured on each. I started by scanning the registry for Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections but that has proven unreliable. I was thinking about using Powershell and Get-VpnConnection but I have no idea how to integrate that into LANSweeper. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
??? What VPN Client are you using? Without knowing that it makes it hard to report on.

Unsure how this relates to Corona Virus.
CyberCitizen wrote:
??? What VPN Client are you using? Without knowing that it makes it hard to report on.

As Esbeen.D mentioned, it's for work from home preparedness. We use two different VPNs and both are listed in Windows 10 VPN listing in settings. Doing the Get-VpnConnections command lists them nicely, I just can't figure out how to use that in LANSweeper.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:

People working from home that need to access local resources

The only way I can see it work via PowerShell is if you deploy the scripts and let them write the result to a registry key you scan. That is if you are using the built-in Windows VPN settings, otherwise you can just do a report of the VPN client software record you use.