cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertBasil
Engaged Sweeper III
As a new LS user I must say I'm very disappointed to see all of the threads here that are years old with customers asking for any updates on items from staff with zero response.

LS really needs a community manager.... badly.
6 REPLIES 6
Tythesly
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper needs something like a Jira or Nolt.io for feedback/suggestions.

Examples

https://captureage.nolt.io/

https://jira.firestormviewer.org/browse/FIRE-30908?filter=-4&jql=issuetype%20in%20(Improvement%2C%20...

Then they can have somebody reply and talk about the suggestions.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
The wish list appears to be very much a black hole.

I would love to see a publicly accessible wish list that we could then vote on issues that we have or would like addressed.

Don't have to give us access to add etc, as that can still be done via the forums/support but would be great to see what is on the wish list and what your customers feel are the most important things to look at.

For example 1) scanning of Windows Store Applications.
CyberCitizen wrote:
The wish list appears to be very much a black hole.

I would love to see a publicly accessible wish list that we could then vote on issues that we have or would like addressed.

Don't have to give us access to add etc, as that can still be done via the forums/support but would be great to see what is on the wish list and what your customers feel are the most important things to look at.

For example 1) scanning of Windows Store Applications.

Adding my support for this idea - I work with other vendors that use a similar approach and found it to be very helpful.

For the customers, it lets us review ideas submitted by others, as well as follow progress to see if/when the idea makes it to the development cycle.

For Lansweeper, I think it would be invaluable to be able to track the 'customer wishlist' items along with the amount of support there is for each item in the community. A prioritized approach based on customer demand sounds like the holy grail for SDLC.

Conversely, over the years I've seen Lansweeper introduce some features that are just 'eh', which left me wondering who asked for it and why resources were spent to develop it.
RobertBasil
Engaged Sweeper III
Emma,

A community manager would be great, thanks!
Emma_W
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi, all feature requests are added to our customer wishlist. New features are then implemented based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. We can therefore not provide expected release dates.
We are working on improving the overall community experience and we are in the process of hiring additional colleagues to manage the forum and community.
Tythesly
Engaged Sweeper III
Emma.W wrote:
Hi, all feature requests are added to our customer wishlist. New features are then implemented based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. We can therefore not provide expected release dates.
We are working on improving the overall community experience and we are in the process of hiring additional colleagues to manage the forum and community.

I guess what people are hoping is for the staff to acknowledge or provide feedback on the ideas people are putting under the wishlist. Without any form of interaction it feels like its a dead branch of the forum.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now