cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgiljum
Engaged Sweeper III
My company had a child domain that no longer exists. I've removed the domain from the scanning ranges, removed its DC entry in "Active Directory Preferred Domain Controller".

I also checked the box to remove both computer and user assets from Lansweeper when they are no longer in AD. (Configuration > Server Options > Remove computers/users not found in Active Directory from the Lansweeper database.)

All the computers assets from the old domain were removed, but all the user assets are still there. How can I remove them?
1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Mgiljum,

To remove AD users when the User Cleanup Option Remove users not found in Active Directory is selected a few conditions need to be true.
  • The option Remove users not found in Active Directory needs to be active under Configuration\Server Options. Your Lansweeper Server service needs to have been running for 24 hours since you've set this option, or you need to have restarted this service.
  • A valid credential with AD-read rights needs to exist under Scanning\Scanning Credentials and this credential needs to be either a global credential or mapped to the NetBIOS name of the relevant domain.
  • Your Lansweeper server needs to be able to contact a domain controller of the relevant domain over TCP port 389.