cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPedraza
Engaged Sweeper
Hello everyone,

I am unable to scan for network switches. I have tried with the Lansweeper Device Tester and the SNMP scans just fine however, when I scan for switches it doesn't find anything. I have also tried scanning by IP range and it doesn't find it either. I do not have network switches excluded.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Riederer
Engaged Sweeper III
Put the SNMP OID of the Switch in the Configuration/AssetMapping/ Page and set the type to Switch.
You should get the OID with the SNMP Tester.

Also make sure your switch allows SNMP Access or put your Lansweeper Server in the Allow list for Public Community , usually there would be log-events on the switch if the server is not allowed to scan the switch.

which SNMP Version do you use? and do you use Public community or any other?
when scanning an ip-range make sure the option "save pinged ips" is enabled.

btw: when you successfully can scan the switch with the device-tester then lansweeper should be able to do it as well.

what happens when you manually add the assett as a switch with IP and hit rescan assett button?
Peter.Riederer wrote:
Put the SNMP OID of the Switch in the Configuration/AssetMapping/ Page and set the type to Switch.
You should get the OID with the SNMP Tester.

Also make sure your switch allows SNMP Access or put your Lansweeper Server in the Allow list for Public Community , usually there would be log-events on the switch if the server is not allowed to scan the switch.

which SNMP Version do you use? and do you use Public community or any other?
when scanning an ip-range make sure the option "save pinged ips" is enabled.

btw: when you successfully can scan the switch with the device-tester then lansweeper should be able to do it as well.

what happens when you manually add the assett as a switch with IP and hit rescan assett button?

Hello,
I've the same issue.

We have much switches from HP whom shown like linux or webservers.
I've entered the OID for the switches, have seperate IP Range scanning with "no SSH" and "save scanned IPs" and mapped the SNMPv3 credentials to the range.
If I change the asset type to switch I can see the ports, clients, MAC, etc but at the top aren't any infos about the switch itself.
It it only shown:

Asset type: Switch
Model: HTTPD
Http title: Information not scanned
Https server: HTTPD
FTP: 220 FTP service ready.

In this case there should be infos like this (grapped from lansweeper device tester):
Scanning SNMP..
ObjectID: 1.....
Hostname: Networkswitch
Description: HPE Comware Platform Software, Software Version 7.1.045, Release 3115P05 HPE 5130 48G PoE+ 4SFP+ EI Switch Copyright (c) 2010-2016 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Uptime: 157d 23h 21m 16s 730ms
Do you have any hint for me?

Best regards
SPedraza
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you both for your replies,

My first issue was LastPass overwriting my mapped credentials. I disabled the option to auto-fill and it immediately picket up the switch. Now the next issue is that the switch is being scanned as webserver. I did do what GulfMarco suggested with no luck, it is not showing much information other than the switch being online and the network range where the switch belongs.
I found this comment from Raylgood where apparently there is a known issue with HP/Aruba switches. All my switches are HP or Aruba, any suggestions? Here's the post I found: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst17400findunread_Force-SNMP.aspx#post61699

Thank you,
GulfMarco
Engaged Sweeper III
Do the switches show up by IP as an asset? Could be that they show up, as say webserver type, rather than switch - if so, edit the asset and change the ASSET TYPE to SWITCH.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
SPedraza wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am unable to scan for network switches. I have tried with the Lansweeper Device Tester and the SNMP scans just fine however, when I scan for switches it doesn't find anything. I have also tried scanning by IP range and it doesn't find it either. I do not have network switches excluded.

Any suggestions?

make sure your scanning credentials are mapped to IP ranges under Scanning/Credentials