cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGIMana79
Engaged Sweeper
I have 100 or more pack stations I am in charge of.
I would like a overlay on a map of the warehouse that looks at the PC, Laser Printer, and Label printer of each pack station with a Green for good, yellow for not-good functional, red-down.

This will allow me a quick glance at a map to know if a pack station is having an issue.

I cannot be the only person on the face of the planet looking for something like this.

Is there/can there be a add-on for LAN-Sweeper to accomplish this?
2 REPLIES 2
CGIMana79
Engaged Sweeper
I thought about a excel spreadsheet sheet with a similar layout as to each pack station.
Each cell that represents a printer using a VB Script to query SNMP to se if the printer in in a ready state - green cell, not-ready able to print yellow cell, not able to print - red cell.
The problem with an excel spread sheet with VB is how limited it would be to view. I couldn’t use my cell, tablet or a webbrowser on a chrome cast connects to a TV to view my map.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
LS has the map and assets etc, but isn't a monitoring tool like whats up gold etc. It would be nice but what would you be looking for? Just regular pings? I use MultiPing but you could use SmokePing or any number of products.