cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slciec
Engaged Sweeper II
I have been trying to figure out why the wake on lan does not work in with different subnets.
Everything in my environment is setup correctly but the wake on lan in lansweeper would not work.
After looking at the documentation on the wol.exe utility I found a fix but am unable to figure out how it could be implemented in Lansweeper.

Command line:
wol.exe <mac> does not work
wol.exe <mac> /d <broadcast subnet> does work.

example: wol.exe B083FE639B28 /d 10.20.1.255

Now I can just run the utility from the command line but I was trying to figure out an easier way thru the lansweeper console.

Suggestions???
3 REPLIES 3
Socal_s197
Engaged Sweeper
Where is the documentation for the WOL.exe. located?
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Slciec,

To use wake on Lan across subnets you'll have to provide the broadcast address for the subnet as a parameter. The only setting you can change in Lansweeper for WOL is the port number so there is no option to specify the subnet broadcast address.

If you only have a few devices you need to wake up across subnets, you could create a custom asset action for these devices.
Erik.T wrote:
Hi Slciec,

To use wake on Lan across subnets you'll have to provide the broadcast address for the subnet as a parameter. The only setting you can change in Lansweeper for WOL is the port number so there is no option to specify the subnet broadcast address.

If you only have a few devices you need to wake up across subnets, you could create a custom asset action for these devices.

Hello Eric,

could you provide an example custom action? We are having the same issue with WOL.