cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xavi
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello. I've been searching something like this, but unable to find any similar situation.
I'm finding that there are some networks behind a firewall that should be scanned. The machine where LanSweeper is installed have not direct access. Is there an option to set something like an scanning remote agent? The idea is one machine with Lansweeper software to send the info to a centralized Database where the main console will have listed all the assets?
Thank you and take care.

Xavi Vila
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
You could also use LSAgent, however you won't be able to deploy software to it etc, it will be purely just reporting.
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, you can have remote scanning servers, but you have to expose MS SQL (and it has to be MS SQL).

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-servers/
Xavi
Engaged Sweeper II
cycleheat wrote:
Yes, you can have remote scanning servers, but you have to expose MS SQL (and it has to be MS SQL).

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-servers/

Studying this option... Thank you!
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Are you talking about all types of devices, or just Windows? Lansweeper has the lsagent installer which can run on remote Windows machines, upload to a cloud location, and synchronize down to your server. The caveat is that it is Windows only and needs to install and run on each machine.

If you have some pull in regards to firewall configuration and can pinhole a configuration change to allow communication to your SQL server from the network behind the firewall, you could certainly set up an additional scanner and make that happen.

Xavi wrote:
Hello. I've been searching something like this, but unable to find any similar situation.
I'm finding that there are some networks behind a firewall that should be scanned. The machine where LanSweeper is installed have not direct access. Is there an option to set something like an scanning remote agent? The idea is one machine with Lansweeper software to send the info to a centralized Database where the main console will have listed all the assets?
Thank you and take care.

Xavi Vila