cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBerner-HuS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I also wrote an email to the support team, but will put the request here for general discussion.

Here's the request:

it would be very useful, if an asset could get a state of „Replaced“. It would be even more useful, if there would a be possibility to link to the new asset that replaced the old one.

Regards
JB
2 REPLIES 2
wdobson
Engaged Sweeper
Hello JB,

Not sure if you ever got your response for this item, if not I may be able to help you.

You should be able to add custom asset states under the configuration tab > Asset Management > Asset Pages > Asset States. I have used a "Replaced" state for some time now. I would recommend when you change an asset to the Replaced state, also remove the IP address for that asset on its page. This should prevent any confusion later down the road.

Additionally, you can use a custom Relational Mapping also under the configuration tab > Asset Management > Relational Mapping. From there, go back to either the replaced asset or replacement, and add the relation on the asset page. This will allow you to document the replacement and provide a direct hyperlink to the attached asset.

Hope this helps.

JB wrote:
Hi,

I also wrote an email to the support team, but will put the request here for general discussion.

Here's the request:

it would be very useful, if an asset could get a state of „Replaced“. It would be even more useful, if there would a be possibility to link to the new asset that replaced the old one.

Regards
JB

rader
Champion Sweeper III
wdobson wrote:
Hello JB,

Not sure if you ever got your response for this item, if not I may be able to help you.

You should be able to add custom asset states under the configuration tab > Asset Management > Asset Pages > Asset States. I have used a "Replaced" state for some time now. I would recommend when you change an asset to the Replaced state, also remove the IP address for that asset on its page. This should prevent any confusion later down the road.

Additionally, you can use a custom Relational Mapping also under the configuration tab > Asset Management > Relational Mapping. From there, go back to either the replaced asset or replacement, and add the relation on the asset page. This will allow you to document the replacement and provide a direct hyperlink to the attached asset.

Hope this helps.

JB wrote:
Hi,

Here's the request:

Regards
JB

This helps me tremdously too. Following your instructions, I also found this LS link that describes the same process as well as helping find the correct icons.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/creating-asset-relation-types/
Creating asset relation types