cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdsherman
Engaged Sweeper
I don't have any previous versions and they've probably been missing for awhile. (Not sure when). I have a .bak file but i'm not quite sure how to pull that data I'd like.

Any help/ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Backup doesn't normally contain the installers. Are you talking about a database backup or a backup with another application / solution.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:
Backup doesn't normally contain the installers. Are you talking about a database backup or a backup with another application / solution.

It doesn't contain the actual installers no, but it does contain the deployment package configurations.

The easiest thing to do would be to spin up a VM or HyperV (or sandbox) and just do a seperate Lansweeper install to restore the DB in and export the deployment packages. That way you don't have to touch the production.
cdsherman
Engaged Sweeper
I have an old backup 2 years old that I believe to have some installer files that I would like to access. Because it's so old I don't want to store it in production. I'm wondering if there is any easy way to just grab the files in "installers" . I don't even know if I have to go this route, but i'm hoping there is something easier than creating a VM to restore the backup for non production.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is not quite clear to me what your trying to do. Do you want to restore your old backup?

If you do then you don't need an old installer, Lansweeper will automatically update the database once it has been restored.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now