cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netadminmicron
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I have an installer package that I cannot delete. Before this, it was stuck in a "performing preliminary check" loop despite it actually getting installed at that endpoint.

I found in another post the following steps to end the loop which I followed but didn't work immediately.

- stop lansweeper service
- clear installer logs
- delete the scheduled task at the endpoint
- start the lansweeper service

Eventually the package loop stopped and I no longer saw it returning to the Installer Logs as "performing preliminary checks" and now I am trying to delete the package and recreate it. My thinking is the package is corrupt in some way.

As I go to delete it, I get a warning that it is linked and I am apprehensive to click on "YES" not wanting to leave any corruption laying around in the LS database/tables.

The warning is attached.

Any advice how to proceed to "properly" delete this package?

Thanks,
John
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are you sure that the package is not linked to a scheduled deployment? That what it seems to suggest. You can remove the scheduled deployment and then remove the package.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are you sure that the package is not linked to a scheduled deployment? That what it seems to suggest. You can remove the scheduled deployment and then remove the package.
Esben.D wrote:

I have never used a "Scheduled Deployment" but I headed straight there from your suggestion and I found nothing listed. So, I created a "Scheduled Deployment", linked it to the "Installer Package" in question, saved it, then deleted it.
I went back to "Installer Packages" and was now able to delete it without a warning. Weird but very NICE!

Thank you Esben.D for the suggestion that ultimately led to the fix!