cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slopez1234
Engaged Sweeper
My name is Samir Alexis Lopez, I have been managing Lansweeper since version 4, and I have seen that with the latest releases the performance of the solution has degraded.

Yesterday I made the update to version 7.2.100.28, and I see that it presents other problems, including duplication of devices and when trying to eliminate this, it remains in the process of elimination, which does not materialize.

6 REPLIES 6
WeatherDave
Engaged Sweeper II
Pardon then to the thread participants, as I didn't mean to hijack it. I'll take my issue to another thread, where it's more appropriate. (*)

Thank you.

Dave

(*) Assuming I can make a coherent explanation of my understanding of it. We IT Admins are wonderful people, but I always tell people never assume we know everything that's going on, or the reason why.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The asset merging issue should be fixed in 7.2.100.28. So That shouldn't be an issue anymore.

as for the performance issues, have you tried this: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/clearing-tables-to-free-up-space-and-improve-performance/

Also are you on SQL Server of compact? Upgrading to server would also be a good option if you aren't using it already.
WeatherDave
Engaged Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
The asset merging issue should be fixed in 7.2.100.28. So That shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Not here. Came in this morning, and had duplicates of almost every workstation I had (those with a domain name suffix, and those without).

At least in our experience, when you create a new asset via lspush (and yes, the version from the .28 "Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client" folder, it creates the asset WITHOUT the domain name suffix. And (from all appearances) it gets a complete and full inventory of the device.

However it appears that when an automated subnet scan kicks off, LS decides that it doesn't like the non suffixed asset, and creates a duplicate with the suffix. Worst of all, the new domain suffixed one DOESN'T seem to have a complete inventory because the software listing is WAY off (to the order of missing 1/2 of the "lspush" one).

Now I'm not saying it's All LS's fault either. Could be some strange thing in the way our desktops register DNS (or something). However this is something that we've only seen since the 7.2 release.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
WeatherDave wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

Not here. Came in this morning, and had duplicates of almost every workstation I had (those with a domain name suffix, and those without).

At least in our experience, when you create a new asset via lspush (and yes, the version from the .28 "Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client" folder, it creates the asset WITHOUT the domain name suffix. And (from all appearances) it gets a complete and full inventory of the device.

However it appears that when an automated subnet scan kicks off, LS decides that it doesn't like the non suffixed asset, and creates a duplicate with the suffix. Worst of all, the new domain suffixed one DOESN'T seem to have a complete inventory because the software listing is WAY off (to the order of missing 1/2 of the "lspush" one).

Now I'm not saying it's All LS's fault either. Could be some strange thing in the way our desktops register DNS (or something). However this is something that we've only seen since the 7.2 release.

What I was referring to was an issue which causes assets from being merged with each other, this resulted in assets seemingly disappearing. Which is the opposite of having duplicate assets.

Your issue is likely related to something else. I would first check why these assets are not being merged when the should. Conditions for a Window merge are here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/windows-rename-detection/

Additionally, there is a known issue that when the NetBIOS can't be scanned, it uses the FQDN as the name of the asset when it should not. But this should not result in duplicate assets as far as I know. As always it's best to contact support if you want it figured out more easily and quicker.
WeatherDave
Engaged Sweeper II
Seeing some of that same issue here. We've even gone so far as to completely remove the asset from Lansweeper, then use Powershell to run LSPush on a remote machine to recreate the asset directly onto the scanning server That works very well, and we get a clean entry in LS. However, as soon as a new subnet scan kicks off the duplicate entries (with scanning errors) show up again.

Moved from 7.2.100.20 to 7.2.100.28 this morning, but no luck fixing it yet.
Dan909
Engaged Sweeper II
It sounds like its a result of the merging issues introduced from version 7.2.100.20. I can imagine that if you have a device that was incorrectly merged, its possible that version 7.2.100.28 sees that incorrectly merged asset as a different device (even though it may have the same name).

Version 7.2.100.20 caused some inconsistencies in our data. We had to restore a backup from before our 7.2.100.20 upgrade to get it back to a reliable state. I suggest you do the same.