cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a report to sum the asset values in Lansweeper? We are looking to get a total value of IT assets for insurance purposes.
5 REPLIES 5
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Since the custom fields are all text (varchar), you'll need to convert to a numeric data type in order to do any math.

Normally, you aggregate things across groupings of some sort. You don't have to, of course, but for illustration purposes I'm going to do it across make and model.
Select Top 1000000
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
Count(*) AS count,
Sum(Cast(tblAssetCustom.Custom1 As float)) As cost
From
tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where
tblAssetCustom.State = 1
And IsNumeric(tblAssetCustom.Custom1) = 1
Group By
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model
The magic is in the type conversion. Instead of adding tblAssetCustom.Custom1 to your report, add Cast(tblAssetCustom.Custom1 As float). Once you've got that, you can apply the aggregate functions to it.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
I'm with StevoCamaro: I don't see a cost field on the assets. You'll need to be more specific. Did you designate one of the custom fields for cost? If not, if there definitely is a cost field, can you identify the table it's in and, hopefully, the field name? Failing that, describe the page you're filling the value in on and where it sits relative to others, or possibly include a screen-capture.
Terry1337
Engaged Sweeper II
RC62N wrote:
I'm with StevoCamaro: I don't see a cost field on the assets. You'll need to be more specific. Did you designate one of the custom fields for cost? If not, if there definitely is a cost field, can you identify the table it's in and, hopefully, the field name? Failing that, describe the page you're filling the value in on and where it sits relative to others, or possibly include a screen-capture.

I stand corrected. I am using the top field which probably was custom 1 under the assets right hand column. I should have noted the changes I made to the field. That said is there a way to sum the asset field field 1 or my field name cost?
StevoCamaro
Engaged Sweeper III
I don't know of anything like in the report section, nor are there leasing cost/term/vendor fields for a report.

Purchase date is great, but without a capital cost value, how can you calculate the annual CCA on assets???

You could edit a custom field name on the asset page, enter the purchase value, then report on the custom field.
StevoCamaro wrote:
I don't know of anything like in the report section, nor are there leasing cost/term/vendor fields for a report.

Purchase date is great, but without a capital cost value, how can you calculate the annual CCA on assets???

You could edit a custom field name on the asset page, enter the purchase value, then report on the custom field.

I have been filling in the field for cost. I thought there might be a way to simply sum the cost values even though it would not be a current value of the assets. I am just looking for a value of assets in the case they would need to be replaces in a total destruction of our location.