cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susan_starr
Engaged Sweeper
I would love to be able to schedule a reoccurring task.
1 REPLY 1
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
You can do this by creating a report with your criteria/list, then make a deployment package with your task, test it out on a pilot or pilot group, and then go to deployment > scheduled deployments. Make a schedule timeframe to your liking, then choose 'New Deployment Configuration' > choose your schedule (or tell it 'after scanning' if you wish), choose your deployment package, tell it to deploy on group/report/selection (I generally do reports for specific criteria), and set the other options and scanning creds to use.

An example use case, is: I made a 'laptops missing lsagent - within the past hour' report (that also contains the .NET requisite so it doesn't report on incompatible laptops - and the 'last hour' requisite so it weeds out stuff not seen in a while), then I have it run the 'LSAgent for Windows' deployment package with the 'after scanning' option.

Then, I set up an email alert/report that emails me that very report every hour - since you can rescan after deployment, if the deployment was successful, the asset drops off the report. If it's not, it's in the report and it emails me with the asset/laptop that it didn't install on.

hope that helps