cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foryouarecrunch
Engaged Sweeper
Followed instructions outlined here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-configure-ssl-in-iis-express/

1. Didn't change default http and https ports. (Still 81 and 82 respectively)

2. Imported the wildcard certificate that I would like to use to both the "Local Machine" certificate store and "Current User" certificate store under (Personal > Certificates).

3. Grabbed the thumprint and put it in the correct fileds in "Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\IISexpress\IISExpressSvc.exe.config"

4. Changed the UseCustomSSLCertificate value to 1 in the same file.

5. Started IISExpress. HTTP site works, HTTPS site gives me this error in FF:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
foryouarecrunch
Engaged Sweeper
Figured it out. Was an issue with the encoding of the thumbprint string I copy/pasted from the dialog.

If you get the same issue, you'll have these entries in your log.

Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: === Start ===
Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: ADD Custom URL - Port: 82
Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: Error Performing Commands. System.FormatException: Could not find any recognizable digits. at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos) at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.GetHash(String thumbprint) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Bind>b__0() at SslCertBinding.Net.HttpApi.CallHttpApi(Action body) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.Bind(CertificateBinding binding) at IISExpressSvc.ServiceStart.PerformCommands(String thumbPrint, Boolean isCustom, Boolean debug)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Good to see you found it. Thanks for posting the solution.
cto
Engaged Sweeper
I now have it working. After multiple attempts before posting, I tried the following after posting my question and this worked:

Instead of copying the thumbprint straight from the certificate into the config file:

1) Copy the thumbprint to a new notepad document.
2) Use Replace to remove all of the spaces.
3) Copy the newly edit line of text.
4) Open the IISExpressSvc.exe.config file using Programmer's Notepad and paste the copied text into the config file.
5) Restart the IIS Express service.
cto
Engaged Sweeper
Could you give detail as to the encoding or what to do to fix this error? I am running into the same issue.

Thanks!
foryouarecrunch
Engaged Sweeper
Figured it out. Was an issue with the encoding of the thumbprint string I copy/pasted from the dialog.

If you get the same issue, you'll have these entries in your log.

Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: === Start ===
Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: ADD Custom URL - Port: 82
Time: 11/09/2019 09:22:50 - Result: Error Performing Commands. System.FormatException: Could not find any recognizable digits. at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos) at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.GetHash(String thumbprint) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Bind>b__0() at SslCertBinding.Net.HttpApi.CallHttpApi(Action body) at SslCertBinding.Net.CertificateBindingConfiguration.Bind(CertificateBinding binding) at IISExpressSvc.ServiceStart.PerformCommands(String thumbPrint, Boolean isCustom, Boolean debug)