cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
I have emailed support, but was hoping someone here would have an idea.

This morning I upgraded Lansweeper, made a copy of the DB,etc as suggested, and after the upgrade, tickets 1234-1395(ish) are missing. New tickets are being created with the old ticket numbers.

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
CHRLAU
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Pryan67

Did you get an answer from LS support?

I am holding back the upgrade until I know if this could be a problem 😐

LS Support if any news about this or other critical bugs please write it here.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
CHRLAU wrote:
Hi Pryan67

Did you get an answer from LS support?

I am holding back the upgrade until I know if this could be a problem 😐

LS Support if any news about this or other critical bugs please write it here.

Yes, I got a rather disappointing response that basically said "you're out of luck because you're using SQL Compact, which is our default database and we didn't bother warning you about it". It's ESPECIALLY disappointing since in order to move your DB from SQL Compact to SQL Express, you FIRST have to upgrade your LS installation per their instructions. It's a lose-lose situation.

Here is their response:

We did receive some reports from a few of our other customers (out of thousands of customers we have) regarding a similar loss of data. In all the few cases we've seen, the customers were using SQL Compact as their database server, and according to the documentation we have found online, there is a bug in SQL Compact that could potentially lead to data loss. Because this is a Microsoft bug this will not be captured in the Lansweeper logs.

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover the lost tickets. The data was never committed to your database due to the Microsoft bug. This effectively means that any backup that you made, will also not contain this data. Keep in mind, that if the lost tickets were created via email, you will still have some of the data on your mail server in the Lansweeper archive folder. In a default helpdesk setup, this folder is called Helpdesk_archive.

To prevent data loss in the future, Lansweeper is actively seeking to find a replacement for SQL Compact, but for now, we recommend that you migrate your SQL Compact database to SQL Server Express, SQL Server Express is a freeware version of SQL Server which is more performant and can be easily managed via SQL Server Management Studio. Instructions to migrate your database can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/moving-your-database-from-sql-compact-to-sql-server/