cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidWard
Engaged Sweeper
Hi not sure if this is the right place to post sorry

please can anyone help create a silent installer package for infopath2013 on windows 10, I have tried so many different ways and I can't get it to work

I have the below config.xml which makes it unattended but this to work neither in the main folder where the .exe is or in the infopath.www folder

<Configuration Product="InfoPathr">

<!-- <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="Yes" /> -->

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office InfoPath Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" /> -->

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <LIS SOURCELIST="\\server1\share\Office;\\server2\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office" /> -->

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<!-- <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Just tested and confirmed working.

I extracted it using
infopath_4753-1001_x64_en-us.exe /extract:C:\temp\InfoPath

Then moved that Config,xml file down a folder and added the necessary line. Tested and confirmed working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DavidWard
Engaged Sweeper
Perfect i will give this a try today and update.

Thanks
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Just tested and confirmed working.

I extracted it using
infopath_4753-1001_x64_en-us.exe /extract:C:\temp\InfoPath

Then moved that Config,xml file down a folder and added the necessary line. Tested and confirmed working.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Have you tried the following?

If you've extracted all of the contents, you'll see an infopathwwr folder, grab the config.xml file, and modify the XML file like this:

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

Copy and paste the config file to the root of the installation folder so that it is alongside setup.exe, autorun.inf, setup.dll, and readme.htm.

when double-clicking Setup.exe or running it from cmd, it will be silent. Check task manager to see if setup.exe is running. or setup bootstrapper on Win10.

It should be noted that the extraction process has to be done via the exe's /extract command line switch, not via a zip/rar program that identifies the exe as an archive and can open it for manual extraction.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now