cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
We have a fair number of computers that have a hyphen in the name (example PC-1234). When copying the name from the web console to another program I frequently get white space instead of the name (as if I copied a hidden tab or carriage return). It's also not possible to double-click to copy as it is with a name that's all in one (example PC1234).

4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
It sounds like you are copying a trailing space, which is not uncommon when copying from a webpage or word document etc.

What I would suggest is if you are doing this regularly is to create a command on the asset page.

Eg I have a button I use which catches the below.

FQDN: PC-00727.DOMAIN.local - IP Address: 10.10.X.XXX

Command Example: cmd.exe /K "set vFQDNandIP=FQDN: {smartname} - IP Address: {ipaddress} & echo %vFQDNandIP%| clip & exit"
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I just selected the name of an asset on the asset page and had no issues copying and pasting the name.
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
I just selected the name of an asset on the asset page and had no issues copying and pasting the name.

It does not happen to me every time, but often enough to be annoying when I'm doing a lot of copy/pasting of computer names.
rasldasl
Engaged Sweeper III
I probably did not explain this too well. I think the issue is copying, not the hyphen. It's just easier to reliably copy the names without.

When I have to use the mouse to select the name I seem to pick up a formatting character that precedes the name.