cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adaci
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, does anyone know a way to modify the remote desktop connection speeds or if not, does anyone know a way to use another vnc software like tightVNC instead of the uVNC?
2 REPLIES 2
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
Albert D wrote:
Hi, does anyone know a way to modify the remote desktop connection speeds or if not, does anyone know a way to use another vnc software like tightVNC instead of the uVNC?

You can run: (Yes I know I didn't use action path...)

cmd.exe /K ""\\SERVER\c$\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\vncviewer.exe" {smartname}"

As mentioned, the cogwheel works too. I'm not sure where to put or modify a local config file as I have above, so it's default. I can see that getting annoying after a while. Couldn't figure out the PW switch for VNC. CMD box stays open which is bothersome.

Edit: Can install on your local PC too and run it from there. idk if those viewers have a standalone exe.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you run the lsremote.exe there are additional options you can change there, as well as during hitting the cogwheel icon during a remote session. I'm not sure if that will have what you are looking for though.

The others that have been discussed on the forum are Dameware and Teamviewer.