cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielalpha
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all,
i set up a newly ESXI 6.5 Server. until now, we used Hyper V for Virtualization.

I created a User on the ESXI und gave him read Only rights. I activated MOB and i can login to SERVER/MOB and see the desired page.

But when i give Lansweeper the Login credentials for the Service Account, the Details are not satisfying.
I cant see Hard Drives, nor Virtual Machines or SMART Attributes.

By the way, when i have set up the Monitoring properly now, is Lansweeper then Notifiing me, if the SMART Attributes on the Dell H700 RAID Controller are bad or even a Hard Drive Fails ?

I am Running a R710. I know from PRTG that it is detecting the sensors from the BMC of the Server, but i dont know how Lansweeper manages it. I am Running the Dell Customized Image of ESXI 6.5

I hope for a fast answer,
greetings from Germany
8 REPLIES 8
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
SMART is indeed scanned via WMI like most data. So I guess it depends how much you trust Microsoft so update their own records 😄

you can manually check the Win32_DiskDrive WMI class
craigsmith_lpi
Engaged Sweeper
Dell servers, I have learned, do not expose drive health statistics via WMI. This may not be true of every Dell server, but it's true for at least some. The solution I found while adding servers to another monitoring system is to make sure you have OpenManage installed on the server, and to monitor it via SNMP instead of WMI.
danielalpha
Engaged Sweeper
What the F***... I am looking in the Web GUI of lansweeper right now,and the VMs etc are showing up now. That is curious because i didnt changed anything. BUT: How does Lansweeper now read SMART values ? Can i trust blindly that Lansweeper will notify me now when the values are bad ?

Greetings
danielalpha
Engaged Sweeper
Sadly, i have to most recent version installed.

thanks.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can also try and update to the latest version we just released: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

It might help since some VM related issues were fixed.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I can't see your version number, but you I would check if you're on the latest version which is 7.1.100.16.

Additionally, the errorlog in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service might contain some information. You can do a search for the IP of the ESXi server or the name of the asset.
danielalpha
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
im using the Software in Home and Lab use and i dont have a Subscription.

I already setup Notifications, but obviously the Sensors of the ESXI arent read. There was at least one fault Hard drive in the ESXI and i didnt got notification.

Greetings
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can take a look at the related KB article here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/vmware-server-scanning-requirements/

It sounds like you've met the requirements. Without enabling debug logging options I'm not sure that there is more that you can check. It's best you contact support so they can give you the steps to start debugging.

For getting notifications, you can find more info here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/sending-email-alerts/
It's best that you create a report that only has results when you want to get the alert, and use that report as the alert.