cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnny
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

Is it possible to scan custom windows firewall rules with lansweeper?

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Johnny wrote:
Ok, what I really meant was if it is possible to only list rules that are not created by Windows default.

As an example, if software1 and software2 require some ports open in windows firewall, I want to list those rules. The problem is that I don't know every software on all machines and which rules that are opened by which software.

Thats why I wonder if it can be done automatically but I guest I have to check each software one by one and list those ports.

You could scan the registry keys and exclude the "known" rules from the report you'd write for that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Johnny
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok, what I really meant was if it is possible to only list rules that are not created by Windows default.

As an example, if software1 and software2 require some ports open in windows firewall, I want to list those rules. The problem is that I don't know every software on all machines and which rules that are opened by which software.

Thats why I wonder if it can be done automatically but I guest I have to check each software one by one and list those ports.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Johnny wrote:

You could scan the registry keys and exclude the "known" rules from the report you'd write for that.

pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
I don't see why not. You'd have to create a custom scan of the specific registry keys though
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
pryan67 wrote:
I don't see why not. You'd have to create a custom scan of the specific registry keys though

Indeed. It's not scanned by default, but you can do it provided you utilize custom registry scanning.