cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saraee
Engaged Sweeper II
Despite having full access credentials, some ESXi hosts when scanned only show basic information and do not show Guest virtual machines, datastores, VMware versions, etc. Other hosts with a similar setup show all available information. This seems to resolve and then show up again later when new hosts are scanned. Ideas?? VMware version range from 5.1 to 6.7 and Lansweeper is on the most current version as of today. Happens with all different version of ESXi.
7 REPLIES 7
JJM2019
Engaged Sweeper II
I think is fixed in last beta, we must wait to them publish the fix in the next production version.

cross fingers and let see 🙂

JJM2019
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, same problem here, any solution now?

thanks.
JJM2019 wrote:

thanks.

I haven't received any further update from Lansweeper.

Reviewing the release notes for recent hotfixes I see several updates in regards to Microsoft Azure and Hyper-V, but unfortunately nothing addressing the VMware ESXi failure.
vqT4cDoP9iXyMZwoDUWU wrote:
JJM2019 wrote:

thanks.

I haven't received any further update from Lansweeper.

Reviewing the release notes for recent hotfixes I see several updates in regards to Microsoft Azure and Hyper-V, but unfortunately nothing addressing the VMware ESXi failure.

Bad notices 😞

Is a serius problem, because the machines aren´t scanned 😞

Hopefully find a solution to our problem soon.
vqT4cDoP9iXyMZw
Champion Sweeper
SteelOG wrote:
Despite having full access credentials, some ESXi hosts when scanned only show basic information and do not show Guest virtual machines, datastores, VMware versions, etc. Other hosts with a similar setup show all available information. This seems to resolve and then show up again later when new hosts are scanned. Ideas?? VMware version range from 5.1 to 6.7 and Lansweeper is on the most current version as of today. Happens with all different version of ESXi.

Just a note for anyone else that may be experiencing this issue, we have observed hosts which were previously scanning successfully are intermittently displaying basic information - no BIOS or VMware info. This seems to have occurred after upgrading to the latest build 7.1.100.16.

We have contacted Lansweeper support for assistance.
Working with support to do debug logging, we've confirmed the scan completes successfully. However, when the scan completes and Lansweeper attempts to import the results into the database, it's causing a database exception due to a conflict attempting to insert information regarding a virtual machine that already exists. Support has indicated this is a known error, but they do not yet have a fix.

This is affecting about 10% of our hosts.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Probably best you contact our support team. These type of issues usually require debugging to check which step of retrieving the data is failing.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now