cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MParker
Engaged Sweeper
About half of our workstations are off network and rarely, if ever reconnect so we rely on LS Agent to keep tabs on these devices. I recently added a custom registry key to be scanned to pull in some critical information that I need to report on and was wondering if LS Agent will update itself and begin scanning the new key. We use the cloud relay for collecting remote scans. I figured our new settings would sync with the cloud relay configuration and the agent would pull in the new configuration on its next check in and then would begin sending the updated scans on the following check in. Can anybody confirm if/how/when LS Agent pulls in the new configuration?
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can actually check in the lsagent log file when it pulls down the configuration. From what I know, setting sync happens pretty often like every 10min or so.
Esben.D wrote:
You can actually check in the lsagent log file when it pulls down the configuration. From what I know, setting sync happens pretty often like every 10min or so.

I'm not sure if this answers my question or not. I'm wondering how the LS Agent will know to start scanning the new custom registry key I configured for scanning. I set this up a few days ago and none of the LS Agent scans have reported back with the key. I've even created a separate group with a more frequent scan schedule and moved some assets over for testing and even though they're reporting back every hour, they still aren't reporting the new regkey. Some of the devices have connected to the network using VPN and lansweeper has scanned them directly and pulled in the key, but the LS Agent doesn't seem to.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
MParker wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

I'm not sure if this answers my question or not. I'm wondering how the LS Agent will know to start scanning the new custom registry key I configured for scanning. I set this up a few days ago and none of the LS Agent scans have reported back with the key. I've even created a separate group with a more frequent scan schedule and moved some assets over for testing and even though they're reporting back every hour, they still aren't reporting the new regkey. Some of the devices have connected to the network using VPN and lansweeper has scanned them directly and pulled in the key, but the LS Agent doesn't seem to.

The settings should sync relatively quickly. If you're willing you can even take a look in the config files. I know for a fact there is one that holds the data for which reg keys need to be scanned. Alternatively, you can provide them to our support team and let them take a look.
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:

Piggyback question, does LSAgent auto update itself when we perform Lansweeper updates or do we need to make folks go get the latest version?
Assuming it auto updates, is there a way to make sure the LS Server and the LSAgents stay in sync meaning If I keep my LS behind a few versions but the Agent auto updates could it have negative consequences?

if it does not autoupdate, then is there a way to do that rather than make all the remote systems get manual updates?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
AZHockeyNut wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

Piggyback question, does LSAgent auto update itself when we perform Lansweeper updates or do we need to make folks go get the latest version?
Assuming it auto updates, is there a way to make sure the LS Server and the LSAgents stay in sync meaning If I keep my LS behind a few versions but the Agent auto updates could it have negative consequences?

if it does not autoupdate, then is there a way to do that rather than make all the remote systems get manual updates?

It auto updates. I'm not 100% sure if it checks the Lansweeper version or if LsAgent is just developed to always be backwards compatible. Regardless, you should not have any issues or maintenance work on it once it's running.