cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmf
Engaged Sweeper II
From the way the scanning target gets set up, it appears that only 1 instance of each region will be scanned, due to it using the first credentials it finds that will work. Azure, on the other hand, can have multiple subscriptions added, allowing scanning multiple accounts.

Single AWS accounts are unrealistic, whether you manage client accounts or have separate dev and prod accounts. Can this get updated to support multiple AWS accounts?
4 REPLIES 4
awheewall
Engaged Sweeper II
Tumbleweed from Lansweeper on this. Disappointing and unprofessional.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
AWS scanning is set up in such a way that all credentials tied to a scanning target (region) are used when scanning the target. As indeed, multiple instances with different credentials can and will exist within the same region. I recommend making sure the requirements are met for all credentials and that they're input correctly. If the issue does persist, please mail into support@lansweeper.com and specify the steps you've already performed. We'll be able to do some debugging to see if something's going wrong in the background.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Bruce.B wrote:
AWS scanning is set up in such a way that all credentials tied to a scanning target (region) are used when scanning the target. As indeed, multiple instances with different credentials can and will exist within the same region. I recommend making sure the requirements are met for all credentials and that they're input correctly. If the issue does persist, please mail into support@lansweeper.com and specify the steps you've already performed. We'll be able to do some debugging to see if something's going wrong in the background.

I do have to correct my post here. In the current major Lansweeper version, 7.1, scanning of the same region with multiple credentials is not supported. We are investigating a way to allow for this, but there are some technical challenges that still need to be overcome here. For now you're limited to one credential per region. As such you'll need a single account that has sufficient access to scan all AWS assets within a specific region.
Bruce.B wrote:
Bruce.B wrote:

I do have to correct my post here. In the current major Lansweeper version, 7.1, scanning of the same region with multiple credentials is not supported. We are investigating a way to allow for this, but there are some technical challenges that still need to be overcome here. For now you're limited to one credential per region. As such you'll need a single account that has sufficient access to scan all AWS assets within a specific region.

Hi Bruce, is there any update on this matter? I also have several account credentials for the same regions, and it appears that is still only recognizing one per region.

Any workaround for this? It is not possible to change to several regions nor consolidate all this credentials into one.

Kind regards,