cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oasselinLT
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is it possible to add in futur release a way to associate the license key to a computer?

It might be "simple" by allowing the association in the computer like it's done as a monitor.

Edit Asset (computer) -> Asset Relation
>> This Asset --> <License associated> --> Select Asset (Asset type : License)

From there, the defined list of purchased software in the "Software" -> "Edit Purchased Software" list

It might even be possible to let the user/admin know if there is enough license to allow the user to have the software.

Futur possibilities :

> Work flow to allow user to install licensed software - if licenses are available and/or having approval from their manager (that might require some remodeling/adding a way to make workflow based on specific decisions, but would compete with the most mature software on the market)

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
BioFerS
Engaged Sweeper II
Take a custom field, change the name to "Windows License" and save the licenses there.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
My recommendation is to avoid relationships like the plague. It makes reporting on them a lot more difficult, there's lots of embedded selects and joins, and it's super-hard to report on mutiple relationships in one report.

What I would do, is take the report 'License: Autocad software licensekeys' and modify it to fit your needs... or, go to the 'Scanned License Keys' under the software menu and filter appropriately. There is a lot of keys you can additionally scan by going to software > Scanned Product Keys. If the one you're looking for is not there, you can google or figure out where the license key is stored in the registry, and add one.

I know that really doesn't answer your question, nor address the approval wish, but it's a heck of a lot easier.

JacobH wrote:
My recommendation is to avoid relationships like the plague. It makes reporting on them a lot more difficult, there's lots of embedded selects and joins, and it's super-hard to report on mutiple relationships in one report.

What I would do, is take the report 'License: Autocad software licensekeys' and modify it to fit your needs... or, go to the 'Scanned License Keys' under the software menu and filter appropriately. There is a lot of keys you can additionally scan by going to software > Scanned Product Keys. If the one you're looking for is not there, you can google or figure out where the license key is stored in the registry, and add one.

I know that really doesn't answer your question, nor address the approval wish, but it's a heck of a lot easier.

Hi Jacob,

There is definitely contraint that I'm not aware in the backend. I'll see if I'm able to have the licenses key automatically discovered, but most of our software are not very common and not found in the registry.

It would be nice to have a way to link a computer to a licenae (for the administrative part to find easily what licenses has been associated and to whom).

Olivier

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now