cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moore_mat
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi everyone

Sorry, if I've missed something obvious, but I'm on version 6.0.151.34 with one of the old Premium unlimited licenses.

I can see on the changelog that version 6 is currently up to 6.0.230.49, but the only version on the download page, is the latest version of 7 (7.1.40.6) which I don't want (licensing).

Is there any way the latter version of 6 can be downloaded from somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Mat
9 REPLIES 9
moore_mat
Engaged Sweeper III
Sorry for taking a while to come back to this - I thought I had notifications switched on...

Anyway - thanks JacobH - you understood my situation exactly - the worry was that we couldn't move to 7 without changing license, but as Esben.D has explained, this isn't the case; you just get limited functionality, which I am fine with.

Thanks both for clearing this up and hope it helps anyone else with a similar thought in the future!

Mat
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Oh. I didn't know the legacy Premium license was limited now - it used to be limited to no helpdesk and only a single scanning server.

That's good to know - I'll have to pass that on to past employers who use that license.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Warnings you get if you do not have access to specific features if you are using a legacy license. There will be a triangle warning icon in the corner which pops open if you click on it.

feature gate warning
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
What is a gating warning?
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
JacobH wrote:
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.

I understand, but regardless of license, you can always update. The reason why he doesn't want the latest is presumably because he doesn't want to see the feature gating warnings.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Generally speaking, older installers are not provided unless it is for specific troubleshooting purposes. Upgrading to the latest version will also give legacy license holders UPNP scanning and a more efficient scanning algorithm along with general bug fixes.
moore_mat
Engaged Sweeper III
Hey JacobH

Thanks for that - the last time I spoke to them directly I was strong armed into talks about paying for a V7 upgrade; but I'll give them a whirl and we'll see.. I'll reply back here in case anyone else needs to know in the future...

Cheers

Mat
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
I'm pretty sure the premium unlimited is grandfathered to include future versions... email support@lansweeper.com to make sure, but that's what they've always said about that license.