Notification

Icon
Error

Version 6 upgrade without moving to 7

Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:36:42 PM(UTC)
moore_mat

moore_mat

Member Original PosterPosts: 10
Hi everyone

Sorry, if I've missed something obvious, but I'm on version 6.0.151.34 with one of the old Premium unlimited licenses.

I can see on the changelog that version 6 is currently up to 6.0.230.49, but the only version on the download page, is the latest version of 7 (7.1.40.6) which I don't want (licensing).

Is there any way the latter version of 6 can be downloaded from somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Mat
JacobH
#1JacobH Member Posts: 118  
posted: 3/14/2019 4:20:43 PM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure the premium unlimited is grandfathered to include future versions... email support@lansweeper.com to make sure, but that's what they've always said about that license.

moore_mat
#2moore_mat Member Original PosterPosts: 10  
posted: 3/16/2019 12:35:38 PM(UTC)
Hey JacobH

Thanks for that - the last time I spoke to them directly I was strong armed into talks about paying for a V7 upgrade; but I'll give them a whirl and we'll see.. I'll reply back here in case anyone else needs to know in the future...

Cheers

Mat
Esben.D
#3Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,504  
posted: 3/19/2019 11:51:12 AM(UTC)
Generally speaking, older installers are not provided unless it is for specific troubleshooting purposes. Upgrading to the latest version will also give legacy license holders UPNP scanning and a more efficient scanning algorithm along with general bug fixes.
JacobH
#4JacobH Member Posts: 118  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:12:04 PM(UTC)
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.
Esben.D
#5Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,504  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:18:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacobH Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.

I understand, but regardless of license, you can always update. The reason why he doesn't want the latest is presumably because he doesn't want to see the feature gating warnings.
JacobH
#6JacobH Member Posts: 118  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:24:29 PM(UTC)
What is a gating warning?
Esben.D
#7Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,504  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:29:38 PM(UTC)
Warnings you get if you do not have access to specific features if you are using a legacy license. There will be a triangle warning icon in the corner which pops open if you click on it.

feature gate warning
JacobH
#8JacobH Member Posts: 118  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:36:39 PM(UTC)
Oh. I didn't know the legacy Premium license was limited now - it used to be limited to no helpdesk and only a single scanning server.

That's good to know - I'll have to pass that on to past employers who use that license.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Missing Large Report Pages
by  mwrobo09  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 3:35:01 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Lansweeper Dark Theme
by  ModelM  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 2:32:07 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper TLS 1.0 Lansweeper Report
by  JacobH   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 1:24:52 PM(UTC)