Notification

Icon
Error

Version 6 upgrade without moving to 7

Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:36:42 PM(UTC)
moore_mat

moore_mat

Member Original PosterPosts: 11
Hi everyone

Sorry, if I've missed something obvious, but I'm on version 6.0.151.34 with one of the old Premium unlimited licenses.

I can see on the changelog that version 6 is currently up to 6.0.230.49, but the only version on the download page, is the latest version of 7 (7.1.40.6) which I don't want (licensing).

Is there any way the latter version of 6 can be downloaded from somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Mat
JacobH
#1JacobH Member Posts: 164  
posted: 3/14/2019 4:20:43 PM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure the premium unlimited is grandfathered to include future versions... email support@lansweeper.com to make sure, but that's what they've always said about that license.

moore_mat
#2moore_mat Member Original PosterPosts: 11  
posted: 3/16/2019 12:35:38 PM(UTC)
Hey JacobH

Thanks for that - the last time I spoke to them directly I was strong armed into talks about paying for a V7 upgrade; but I'll give them a whirl and we'll see.. I'll reply back here in case anyone else needs to know in the future...

Cheers

Mat
Esben.D
#3Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 3/19/2019 11:51:12 AM(UTC)
Generally speaking, older installers are not provided unless it is for specific troubleshooting purposes. Upgrading to the latest version will also give legacy license holders UPNP scanning and a more efficient scanning algorithm along with general bug fixes.
JacobH
#4JacobH Member Posts: 164  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:12:04 PM(UTC)
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.
Esben.D
#5Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:18:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacobH Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I misread his post, but his reason or not upgrading to 7 was licensing, so he wanted to stick with the latest version of 6.

I understand, but regardless of license, you can always update. The reason why he doesn't want the latest is presumably because he doesn't want to see the feature gating warnings.
JacobH
#6JacobH Member Posts: 164  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:24:29 PM(UTC)
What is a gating warning?
Esben.D
#7Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,768  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:29:38 PM(UTC)
Warnings you get if you do not have access to specific features if you are using a legacy license. There will be a triangle warning icon in the corner which pops open if you click on it.

feature gate warning
JacobH
#8JacobH Member Posts: 164  
posted: 3/19/2019 1:36:39 PM(UTC)
Oh. I didn't know the legacy Premium license was limited now - it used to be limited to no helpdesk and only a single scanning server.

That's good to know - I'll have to pass that on to past employers who use that license.
moore_mat
#9moore_mat Member Original PosterPosts: 11  
posted: 5/1/2019 8:57:41 AM(UTC)
Sorry for taking a while to come back to this - I thought I had notifications switched on...

Anyway - thanks JacobH - you understood my situation exactly - the worry was that we couldn't move to 7 without changing license, but as Esben.D has explained, this isn't the case; you just get limited functionality, which I am fine with.

Thanks both for clearing this up and hope it helps anyone else with a similar thought in the future!

Mat

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Moving Assets in Location not Saving
by  brodiemac   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 12:23:04 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper HP Printer not showing correctly
by  Esben.D  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 10:41:49 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Scanning includes IOS devices even though I exclude them??
by  steveb   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:05:33 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Deployment condition
by  CyberCitizen  
Last post: Yesterday at 5:36:05 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper lsagent not scanning/sending when using relay
by  Esben.D   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 8/19/2019 12:31:02 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Check if Netbios is disabled over TCP/IP
by  TaherMD  
Last post: 8/19/2019 6:00:51 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Email attachments