cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stahly8
Engaged Sweeper III
We upgraded to the 7.1 spring update yesterday and on our main dashboard we have about 10+ different Alert Report areas that are just showing the spinning loading icon for about 10 minutes and most of them never load. the server has since been restarted, cpu and memory usage are both below 25%. we are only using the inventory side, not the helpdesk portion at all. i also verified that the scanning queue was empty and not performing any active scans.
12 REPLIES 12
mschmeisser
Engaged Sweeper
We have similar speed issues since this update. After some times, the memory of the Lansweeperservice runs full and then the webservice is very slow. The Lansweeper database runs under SQL Express. The server is running with Windows Server 2012 R2.
It only helps that we restart the Lansweeper service.

What can we do?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
This is also a good guide for people who have issues with performance: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/clearing-tables-to-free-up-space-and-improve-performance/
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
This is great to hear!
stahly8
Engaged Sweeper III
sorry ive been busy with other projects but had some quick time to try to fix this today. so i created another VM for our 1 lansweeper server. our previous server was running IIS express and sql express too. on the new server i installed full sql server 2008 r2. i changed the ip and name of the old server, and put the original ip and name onto the new server. i installed lansweeper next following this guide (https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/moving-your-database-from-sql-compact-to-sql-server/). pretty simple process but huge difference. its now running really smooth and speeds have dramatically increased. our main page full of alert report areas loads now in like 4 seconds. transitions from page to page definitely what it should be.

JamesT
Engaged Sweeper
I too am experiencing the same slowness for the Alert reports.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Keep us posted as I'm very interested in the findings
nickaudette
Engaged Sweeper
I've experienced the same slowness since the latest update. I disabled the performance scanning stuff and the speed seems to have improved.
deziner22
Engaged Sweeper II
stahly8 wrote:
We upgraded to the 7.1 spring update yesterday and on our main dashboard we have about 10+ different Alert Report areas that are just showing the spinning loading icon for about 10 minutes and most of them never load. the server has since been restarted, cpu and memory usage are both below 25%. we are only using the inventory side, not the helpdesk portion at all. i also verified that the scanning queue was empty and not performing any active scans.

We have had the same issue after upgrading to 7.1 spring update, just logging in takes 1-2 minutes sometimes. Changing between assets, helpdesk, reports is painfully slow, even within helpdesk tickets takes 30+ seconds.

Also if I let the page sit for a while it will take a long time to switch pages.

I have been working with support for the past 5-6 days trying everything except for rebuilding the whole server and database upgrade to an SQL environment with less than 1000 assets.
deziner22
Engaged Sweeper II
deziner22 wrote:
stahly8 wrote:

We have had the same issue after upgrading to 7.1 spring update, just logging in takes 1-2 minutes sometimes. Changing between assets, helpdesk, reports is painfully slow, even within helpdesk tickets takes 30+ seconds.

Also if I let the page sit for a while it will take a long time to switch pages.

I have been working with support for the past 5-6 days trying everything except for rebuilding the whole server and database upgrade to an SQL environment with less than 1000 assets.

We went ahead an upgraded SQL from Compact to Express this has improved our performance. On average it takes 6 seconds or so to log in sometimes. Transitioning from different tabs, reports, assets etc is fairly fast <5 seconds. It looks like the new version is database intensive.